Sometimes, things are not going your way.
When that happens, comfort food is the way to go.
Today, things weren’t going my way. So when Karine suggested that it was a day for St-Hubert BBQ, I didn’t protest much.
So we made our way to the rotisserie in Hull. The place was packed, as it often is for lunch hour – the parking was full, and the street parking spots were all taken – we had to park 3 blocks away.
But the restaurant is spacious, and they sat us down in a booth in no time.
Their Lunch & Go formula, available from Monday to Friday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m is very popular, hence the packed parking lot, and most of the items are served in no time. You can choose from Chicken Fillet, Ribs, Chicken Pot Pie, Hot Chicken, Half Chicken Salad Sandwich and Soup, Chicken Fillet Wrap, Lemon & Artichokes Chicken Salad, Asian Soup Meal. But really, you go to St-Hubert for the Roasted Chicken.
We both got the Quarter Chicken Leg with Fries. With the meal, you get All-you-can-eat coleslaw, buns and Bar-B-Q sauce.
As expected, our meals arrived in no time.
The fries were nicely golden and crispy, the sauce deliciously salty, and the chicken was perfectly cooked, moist inside with a deliciously crispy skin.
It was exactly what we needed.
Leave a Reply
- Ian Green on “What do they mean, meal upgrade?”
- Ian Green on Would you like Poutine with that?
- Michael K. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Rob S. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Joe B. on Getting refreshed in Saskatoon
- Anne-Marie L. on Testing Lay’s Bold Flavours
- Renée T. on La Poutine du Parc Vert
- Jean L. on Cat’s fish
- Jessica on A Chili Cheese Dog on James Street
- Cameron H. on ZaZaZa? YaYaYa!
- The Waffle on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Ian G. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Isaac C. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Marion K. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Ray T. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- A Waffle Exclusive (11)
- Airplane Food (7)
- Baseball (11)
- Beverages (4)
- Breakfast (8)
- Brewery (3)
- Brunch (5)
- Contest (1)
- Delivery (2)
- Drink Experiment (2)
- Election (41)
- Food experiment (33)
- Food Truck (4)
- Football (5)
- General (66)
- Golf (4)
- Grocery (2)
- Hockey (2)
- Politics (110)
- Recipes (9)
- Restaurant (166)
- Road Trip (9)
- Softball (1)
- Sweet Deal (16)
- The Waffle's challenges (10)