I got a press release earlier today informing me that a new restaurant was opening tonight on the Rideau River. The Pine Restaurant & Tavern officially opens its doors, following over $200,000 in renovations.
Executive Chef Luc Doiron was offering samples of his new menu to guests invited to the grand opening cocktail party. Among the dignitaries, Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson was present. Alas, The Waffle wasn’t available to go but will likely check it out in the near future.
The Pine Restaurant & Tavern is located at The Monterey Inn on Prince of Wales Drive, just South of Hunt Club Road.
The restaurant claims to offer a casual, rustic ambiance, in a unique 70s built stone building. The Pine has seating for 125 on the main floor, a cozy tavern with flat screen TVs on the lower level and, opening soon, a 150-seat patio overlooking the river.
Who is The Pine targeting? Well, everyone it seems: “The Pine is perfect for romantic dinners for two, family gatherings and after work drinks and nibbles with the office gang.” and claiming that their menu selections are for “foodies” and “snackies” alike is making it “a good choice for South End families and business people seeking a convenient and well priced dining experience.”
You can watch a preview of their menu as featured on Ottawa’s CTV Morning Live, where chef Doiron prepared a seafood tart and his signature Caesar salad.
The Pine is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch buffet. The Pine can also be booked for private events.
Leave a Reply
- Ian G. on Would you like Poutine with that?
- Michael K. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Rob S. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Joe B. on Getting refreshed in Saskatoon
- Anne-Marie L. on Testing Lay’s Bold Flavours
- Renée T. on La Poutine du Parc Vert
- Jean L. on Cat’s fish
- Jessica on A Chili Cheese Dog on James Street
- Cameron H. on ZaZaZa? YaYaYa!
- The Waffle on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Ian G. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Isaac C. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Marion K. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Ray T. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Amy B. on Sometimes, St-Hubert is what you need
- A Waffle Exclusive (11)
- Airplane Food (7)
- Baseball (11)
- Beverages (4)
- Breakfast (8)
- Brewery (3)
- Brunch (5)
- Contest (1)
- Delivery (2)
- Drink Experiment (2)
- Election (41)
- Food experiment (33)
- Food Truck (4)
- Football (5)
- General (65)
- Golf (4)
- Grocery (2)
- Hockey (2)
- Politics (107)
- Recipes (9)
- Restaurant (159)
- Road Trip (7)
- Softball (1)
- Sweet Deal (16)
- The Waffle's challenges (10)