In Montreal for a media blitz – so many requests, we can’t do them all! – and breakfast was served at the Delta. The usual Bacon and Sausages, Fresh Fruits, Home Fries. On the originality front, the Scrambled Eggs could be topped with Warm Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Cheese, something I felt obliged to do.
A nice surprise was waiting for us on the plane – classic Montreal-style rotisserie chicken, delivered by Scores. A Chicken Breast, Ribs, Rice, Bun, Coleslaw and BBQ Sauce. He shoots, He scores, as I said before.
Another nice surprise on the flight from Montreal to Toronto – NDP cupcakes!!! Mine was chocolate, others had vanilla. The Air Canada crew told me they got up at 4 am to make them – somehow, I have doubts…
After a series of interviews in Toronto, the NDP Leader held a Virtual Townhall with folks from all over the country joining via Twitter or by phone. We went back to our home base, the Regency Hyatt, after the event. Dinner was available – Roast Beef, Steamed Vegetables, Mesclun Salad, and Cheese, Red Peppers and Eggplant Penne. I ate around the Eggplant. Why would anyone throw Eggplant in Pasta anyway?
We boarded the plane, as the NDP was heading West to kick-off the final stretch of the campaign. On board we could snack on shrimp served with cocktail sauce or lemon and a cold orzo salad. I had that. There was also a cheese platter and corn chips with the usual dips. I didn’t have that.
Flying towards Winnipeg, the longest flight we’ve had in a long time, we were served a light meal – it was late after all. Folks could go for a shrimp stir-fry, but since we just had shrimp for snacks, I went with the Ricotta and Artichoke Ravioli. The dish was served with a Garden Salad. For dessert, a lemon tart.
- Ian G. on Would you like Poutine with that?
- Michael K. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Rob S. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Joe B. on Getting refreshed in Saskatoon
- Anne-Marie L. on Testing Lay’s Bold Flavours
- Renée T. on La Poutine du Parc Vert
- Jean L. on Cat’s fish
- Jessica on A Chili Cheese Dog on James Street
- Cameron H. on ZaZaZa? YaYaYa!
- The Waffle on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Ian G. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Isaac C. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Marion K. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Ray T. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Amy B. on Sometimes, St-Hubert is what you need
- A Waffle Exclusive (11)
- Airplane Food (7)
- Baseball (11)
- Beverages (4)
- Breakfast (8)
- Brewery (3)
- Brunch (5)
- Contest (1)
- Delivery (2)
- Drink Experiment (2)
- Election (41)
- Food experiment (33)
- Food Truck (4)
- Football (5)
- General (66)
- Golf (4)
- Grocery (2)
- Hockey (2)
- Politics (108)
- Recipes (9)
- Restaurant (160)
- Road Trip (7)
- Softball (1)
- Sweet Deal (16)
- The Waffle's challenges (10)