We overnighted at the Delta in Quebec City, right across the National Assembly. Breakfast was served on the hotel’s lower floor, before we headed to a breakfast rally at le Cercle in the lowertown. Bacon, Sausage, Scrambled Eggs, Home Fries.
Boarding the plane in Quebec City for a destination that is quite a novelty for the NDP: Val D’Or. As we loaded, we were offered some finger food to calm our hunger. Mini Meat Pies, Meatballs Brochette and Fresh Fruits.
The Quebec City – Val D’Or flight is another short flight – so we were treated to a light meal this time around. A Vegetable Soup – which is somewhat a challenge on a plane… And Sandwiches : Black Forest Ham and Chicken. The highlight though – a super killer Sugar Pie, so rich and so creamy.
At Le Forestel in Val D’or, where there was a rally in support of NDP candidate Roméo Saganash, we could enjoy some treats after the events. Oatmeal and Cranberry Cookies, with Fresh Fruits.
Departing Val d’Or for Toronto, we boarded and were immediately able to snack on a selection of Cold Canapés (Shrimp, Stuffed Cherry Tomato, Paté, Salami, Ham), Fondue Parmesan and Chicken Brochettes.
Flying out of Quebec, we were offered two options for dinner – a Chicken Breast on Rice or Shepperd’s Pie – and since we were in Quebec, it was actually a Pâté Chinois – or as Uncle Jacques told us, “un émincé de bouvion parmentier et son velouté de maïs garni d’un coulis de tomates’ so I had no choice but to go for it. I added a whole Wheat Roll to the delicate dish. For dessert, a Maple and Pecan Dark Chocolate Bar.
Leave a Reply
- Ian G. on Would you like Poutine with that?
- Michael K. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Rob S. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Joe B. on Getting refreshed in Saskatoon
- Anne-Marie L. on Testing Lay’s Bold Flavours
- Renée T. on La Poutine du Parc Vert
- Jean L. on Cat’s fish
- Jessica on A Chili Cheese Dog on James Street
- Cameron H. on ZaZaZa? YaYaYa!
- The Waffle on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Ian G. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Isaac C. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Marion K. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Ray T. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Amy B. on Sometimes, St-Hubert is what you need
- A Waffle Exclusive (11)
- Airplane Food (7)
- Baseball (11)
- Beverages (4)
- Breakfast (8)
- Brewery (3)
- Brunch (5)
- Contest (1)
- Delivery (2)
- Drink Experiment (2)
- Election (41)
- Food experiment (33)
- Food Truck (4)
- Football (5)
- General (65)
- Golf (4)
- Grocery (2)
- Hockey (2)
- Politics (107)
- Recipes (9)
- Restaurant (159)
- Road Trip (7)
- Softball (1)
- Sweet Deal (16)
- The Waffle's challenges (10)