Back at our home base in Halifax – the Delta Halifax, where breakfast was served on the last floor, in the Baronet room, with a nice view of the Harbour – including some RCN Frigates. Fresh Fruits and Home Fries were the sides to a huge Omelette Sandwich that included bell peppers, tomatoes, onions and lots of mushrooms. Now, I’ve had a lot of Breakfast Sandwiches in my life, from McMuffin to Wraps, but never had I seen one this big.
Back to the Delta after campaigning in businesses in Dartmouth and at the Halifaf Farmer’s Market. The lunch theme was Fire & Ice. To start, the Chef’s Homemade Butternut Squash Soup. On the side, a Spinach Salad with a Sherry Vinaigrette, Pears, Dried Cranberries and White Cheddar. As a main, two sandwiches: a Grilled Chicken Ceasar Wrap, and an Oven Roasted Striploin on Toasted Baguette with Caramelized Onions, Grilled Red Peppers, Boursin Cheese and Horseradish Mayo.
The desserts, which I skipped, were Seasonal Fruit Crisp, Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake and Sweet Whipped Cream.
Not sure why it was Fire & Ice in the end.
After a campaign visit to Bridgewater, we headed back to the Delta Halifax for filing purposes. On hand, some sweet snacks – I had a piece of Chocolate Fudge Cake with some Strawberries.
Another short flight to take, this one from Halifax to Quebec City. While we waited for our luggage to be loaded, we were able to snack on some Smoky Bar-B-Que Chicken Wings, Bruchetta, and especially on Bacon-wrapped Scallops.
On our way to Quebec City, I was able to indulge in some Halibut in a ThaÏ Sauce, served with Rice, Steamed Brocolli and Coliflowers and a Green Salad. For dessert, a Chocolate Cake topped with Mini-Marshmallows.
Leave a Reply
- Michael K. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Rob S. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Joe B. on Getting refreshed in Saskatoon
- Anne-Marie L. on Testing Lay’s Bold Flavours
- Renée T. on La Poutine du Parc Vert
- Jean L. on Cat’s fish
- Jessica on A Chili Cheese Dog on James Street
- Cameron H. on ZaZaZa? YaYaYa!
- The Waffle on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Ian G. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Isaac C. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Marion K. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Ray T. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Amy B. on Sometimes, St-Hubert is what you need
- Laura C. on Sometimes, St-Hubert is what you need
- A Waffle Exclusive (11)
- Airplane Food (7)
- Baseball (11)
- Beverages (4)
- Breakfast (8)
- Brewery (3)
- Brunch (5)
- Contest (1)
- Delivery (2)
- Drink Experiment (2)
- Election (41)
- Food experiment (33)
- Food Truck (4)
- Football (5)
- General (65)
- Golf (4)
- Grocery (2)
- Hockey (2)
- Politics (107)
- Recipes (9)
- Restaurant (159)
- Road Trip (7)
- Softball (1)
- Sweet Deal (16)
- The Waffle's challenges (10)