And so it begins!
Once again, The Waffle will record dutifully for you dear Wafflers what it is that one eats on a national election tour – on Jack Layton’s tour, no less!
These posts will be short and descriptive, as I am otherwise busy. But I cannot let you down, so here we go!
The last breakfast with Melissa and Clara, at Wilfred’s, the restaurant located at the Château Laurier, where Jack Layton would launch the NDP’s 2011 campaign once the writ was dropped.
Deluxe Breakfast Buffet at $26 per person! (Yikes!)
Omelette made on order in front of my eyes: I asked for red onions, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, cheese. A tad disappointing.
Side of potatoes with onions, bell peppers, and sausage bits.
Sausages, salami, smoked salmon, cottage cheese.
Orange juice, berry smoothie.
We were greeted on the NDP plane with snacks before Jack Layton’s 2011 Tour inaugural flight!
Fruits and a selection of sandwiches were available. I sampled the swedish meatballs and the beef penne au gratin.
Folks had the choice between chicken and beef for lunch.
I went with the beef, which was served in a rich gravy, with mashed potatoes, baby carrots and green beans.
On the side, a green salad with cucumbers and tomatoes, with an oil and balsamic vinaigrette.
For dessert, fresh fruits – with big blueberries!
Dinner was catered on the plane tonight, and Subway was the main provider. A selection of 1/3rd subs were available. I decided to ignore the bread and went for a Subway chicken salad instead:
Lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, cucumbers, green peppers, pickles, processed cheese (!) and of course, chicken. Lots of black pepper on it all. I added a balsamic vinaigrette.
Also available: pizza from Pagano. I avoided that. I am that disciplined.
- Ian G. on Would you like Poutine with that?
- Michael K. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Rob S. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Joe B. on Getting refreshed in Saskatoon
- Anne-Marie L. on Testing Lay’s Bold Flavours
- Renée T. on La Poutine du Parc Vert
- Jean L. on Cat’s fish
- Jessica on A Chili Cheese Dog on James Street
- Cameron H. on ZaZaZa? YaYaYa!
- The Waffle on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Ian G. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Isaac C. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Marion K. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Ray T. on Poor Filet-O-Fish
- Amy B. on Sometimes, St-Hubert is what you need
- A Waffle Exclusive (11)
- Airplane Food (7)
- Baseball (11)
- Beverages (4)
- Breakfast (8)
- Brewery (3)
- Brunch (5)
- Contest (1)
- Delivery (2)
- Drink Experiment (2)
- Election (41)
- Food experiment (33)
- Food Truck (4)
- Football (5)
- General (65)
- Golf (4)
- Grocery (2)
- Hockey (2)
- Politics (107)
- Recipes (9)
- Restaurant (159)
- Road Trip (7)
- Softball (1)
- Sweet Deal (16)
- The Waffle's challenges (10)