After a soccer game in which I goaltended well enough to make sure that Sporting Yamala prevailed, I was going to celebrate the win with my still-pregant wife by having pizza – a craving of hers for the day.
Since we were playing at Lawnsdowne, we both had the same idea after the game – Colonnade Pizza on Metcalfe, an Ottawa favourite which was established in 1967.
We made our way there and were happy to find parking immediately and to notice that the patio was not too busy. It was a beautiful evening, 25°c as the sun was setting on Canada’s capital.
We stopped by the sign telling us to wait to be seated on the patio.
There were 3 couples on the patio – one digging into their pizza, another one waiting for their order, and a last one who were still peering through the menu.
We didn’t wait long before the server taking care of the patio informed us that the patio was no longer open to new customers.
“Feel free to go inside, there is plenty of room,” she stated.
“It’s a beautiful night!” I pleaded. Mel and I agreed – we wanted to eat “out”.
“Sorry, I can’t sit anyone here anymore, feel free to talk to my boss.”
I’m not talking to your boss and I’m not eating Colonnade’s pizza.
We left, looking for another pizza patio.
8:44 a Sunday Night in Ottawa.
(And Colonnade ends up on the Waffle’s Black List)
Leave a Reply
- David Coulson on The Tigers win big!
- Renée T. on Celebrating Saint Patrick’s at Kettleman’s
- The Waffle on Yesterday’s got no tomorrow
- Tony H. on Yesterday’s got no tomorrow
- Sean S. on Yesterday’s got no tomorrow
- Ian Green on “What do they mean, meal upgrade?”
- Ian Green on Would you like Poutine with that?
- Michael K. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Rob S. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Joe B. on Getting refreshed in Saskatoon
- Anne-Marie L. on Testing Lay’s Bold Flavours
- Renée T. on La Poutine du Parc Vert
- Jean L. on Cat’s fish
- Jessica on A Chili Cheese Dog on James Street
- Cameron H. on ZaZaZa? YaYaYa!
- A Waffle Exclusive (11)
- Airplane Food (7)
- Baseball (12)
- Beverages (4)
- Breakfast (9)
- Brewery (3)
- Brunch (5)
- Contest (1)
- Delivery (2)
- Drink Experiment (2)
- Election (41)
- Food experiment (34)
- Food Truck (4)
- Football (5)
- General (66)
- Golf (4)
- Grocery (2)
- Hockey (2)
- Politics (110)
- Recipes (9)
- Restaurant (171)
- Road Trip (9)
- Softball (1)
- Sweet Deal (16)
- The Waffle's challenges (10)