From time to time, I do enjoy going there without a Gargs’ uniform, for a late week-end lunch. And that is exactly what we did this Saturday. We hadn’t actually planned to go there, but we just drove around and ended up in the friendliest pub in Westboro village.
I went for their Swiss burger – swiss cheese, caramelized onions and mushrooms. With fries.
The fries are far from being the greatest. They are pallatable, but I certainly was jealous of the salad Mel was having with her burger, and that is sad. The burger was pretty decent, nicely cooked patty on a good quality bun. The cheese is processed, which is too bad. The onions were nicely fried but the mushrooms were from a can. The burger came topped with a pickle, a huge tomato slice, lettuce and raw onion rings. Perhaps I should have removed the raw onions, but at the time, the double onion combination seemed like a good idea. But apparently, it did no good to my breath.
Melissa went for their regular cheeseburger.
Same toppings as before, but the thin slice of processed cheese made it look kind of sad. But it is decent nevertheless. The salad on the side was an appetizing-looking mix of lettuce, red cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, shredded carrots and onions. Everything looked and tasted fresh.
We got away with it for less than 30 bucks for two burgers and a pitcher of beer.
Leave a Reply
- David Coulson on The Tigers win big!
- Renée T. on Celebrating Saint Patrick’s at Kettleman’s
- The Waffle on Yesterday’s got no tomorrow
- Tony H. on Yesterday’s got no tomorrow
- Sean S. on Yesterday’s got no tomorrow
- Ian Green on “What do they mean, meal upgrade?”
- Ian Green on Would you like Poutine with that?
- Michael K. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Rob S. on Poutinefest is starting today
- Joe B. on Getting refreshed in Saskatoon
- Anne-Marie L. on Testing Lay’s Bold Flavours
- Renée T. on La Poutine du Parc Vert
- Jean L. on Cat’s fish
- Jessica on A Chili Cheese Dog on James Street
- Cameron H. on ZaZaZa? YaYaYa!
- A Waffle Exclusive (11)
- Airplane Food (7)
- Baseball (12)
- Beverages (4)
- Breakfast (9)
- Brewery (3)
- Brunch (5)
- Contest (1)
- Delivery (2)
- Drink Experiment (2)
- Election (41)
- Food experiment (34)
- Food Truck (4)
- Football (5)
- General (66)
- Golf (4)
- Grocery (2)
- Hockey (2)
- Politics (110)
- Recipes (9)
- Restaurant (171)
- Road Trip (9)
- Softball (1)
- Sweet Deal (16)
- The Waffle's challenges (10)